Hi,

I suggest you load the value tool plugin to get local pixel values.  I have no
idea what image format you are using so I can’t help you much.  It would be
nice to have a sample.  In the layer properties, you can select what bands to
use.  Perhaps a you have band 123 for rGB and other bands for the thermal info?

File formats accepted by Qgis are those ( to my knowledge) accepted by gdal.
http://www.gdal.org/formats_list.html

Nicolas