On Wed, 31 Oct 2018 at 01:28, Baker, Matthew <matthew_ba...@dpsk12.org> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, Nyall.
>
> To clarify - this issue is just refreshing the database tree in the browser
> window - once refreshed (eventually), all tables behave normally (see below
> re. invalid geometries).
>
> 2.18 and 3.2 used to refresh the tables just fine. Upon installing 3.4,
> things have slowed down for all versions.

Thanks for the clarification. Can you confirm whether you have the
setting "only look in the geometry_columns metadata table" switched on
or off for your connection?

If you're not using this setting, then it's possibly related to this
fix https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/e813fe880. Pre 3.4 QGIS was
only looking in the geometry columns table for the browser, and not
respecting this setting.

> Another thing to note - 2.18 and 3.2 show only a handful of schemas in the
> database (not sure how it decides which one) - but now 3.4 is showing ALL
> schemas, including those without any tables and that weren't shown in
> 2.18/3.2 - that's weird!

That's intended -- for db connections we should be showing empty
schemas in the browser, as this allows users to drag and drop tables
into these schemas to initially populate them.

Nyall