in access you use 2 tables one with the range of a particular attribute and
the actual table you are working with, and you do a query.
 the key is to not connect any attibute between tables when doing the
query, this way Access runs every possible permutation; its called a Cross
Join query/table.
 then you have to export to excel or do it Access and only keep point that
are in between your data range ( example : ground surface and bottom of
borehole at that location).
i havent found another way of doing this but i am sure coding would work
too.