On Tue, 6 Nov 2018 at 09:23, Matthias Kuhn <matth...@opengis.ch> wrote:
>  * Precision and remove duplicate nodes should work straightforward.
>
>  * The panel will show up immediately when there are errors on invalid
> geometries (e.g. self-intersection).
>
>  * The panel will show up when trying to save the layer when topology checks
> fail.
>
> With the initial release there was an issue that the checks were only enabled
> if the project was saved and reloaded. Meanwhile this has been fixed and the
> checks can be activated and will take effect immediately (with the next patch
> release 3.4.2 or any nightly build until then). There were also some severe
> issues which caused QGIS to crash which are already fixed in 3.4.1.

Thank you for your response, Matthias. I followed the instructions
(using 3.4.1) and got it to work.
I just noticed, that I am only able to force missing vertex errors.
When deliberately constructing gaps or overlaps those will not be
detected or QGIS crashes while checking the layers' topology. This
happened using a geopackage containing just 3 very simple polygons.
Would that be one of the issues being fixed by the upcoming 3.4.2
release?

Cheers
Andreas