Hi Christoph,

On export you can also choose in the field export options to use the display string (Check "Replace with displayed value" for this field).

In the layer properties -> attributes form of your layer it's possible to define how QGIS will display and format your date, you might possibly want to tune something in there too.

I hope that helps

Matthias