I am seeing unexplained slowdowns and crashes (to the point of killing my login session) with 3.6.x and now also with 3.8.

It seems to start after several edits to geopackage layers. Even a simple "Save" or "Save as..." (to gpkg) after many edits can take 20-30 seconds. A second and third save takes longer and longer. To the point that QGIS is unusable. Then when I try to save the project, it also takes up to a minute. Finally, on exiting QGIS my whole login session crashes.

I already tried to wipe my install, remove all the .local/QGIS directory and reinstalled. No plugins at all other than the core plugins. I am using only the QGIS.org debian repository. And I've noticed this on multiple machines with identical setups.

Can anyone confirm? Any suggests how to debug?

Thanks

micha@TP480:~$ qgis --version
QGIS 3.8.0-Zanzibar 'Zanzibar' (11aff65)

--
Micha Silver
Ben Gurion Univ.