Hi,

Don't be surprised if I am wrong, but I say drag and
drop comes naturally and you cannot turn it off.

Try Layer - Add Layer - Add Vector Layer.

Does that work?

Are you on Windows?

I use 3.2.0 on Win7.

Mike

On 8/29/2019 2:11 AM, qgis-user-requ...@lists.osgeo.org wrote:
Hi All

I have a brand new PC, have set up QGIS, exported and imported my QGIS
profile from my old PC and all is working perfectly with QGIS and added
plugins ect apart from the ability to drag and drop shp file (or MapInfo tab
or any files) directly into the layer panel in QGIS.  Am I missing something
obvious, but for the life of me I can't find any setting that may enable or
disable this or much on the web about it?

Cheers

Tony