Hello Gis-user:
I have two shapefiles, one is a grid made from polylines, the other consists of
polylines. I want to cut the polylines of the second shapefile with the grid
via the tool intersect. (I did it successfully before). Unfortunately, the
resulting layer is empty.
I checked that the two shapefiles really overlap, that they have the same
coordinate system. This doesn't seem to be the problem.
What other reason could there be? Strangely, the intersect works fine in SAGA
Gis. I need to do it in QGis, though, because SAGA Gis doesn't give me the FID
column of the split polylines which I need for field statistics.

Thanks in advance.

Jennifer Schubert