I have currently implemented a geodesic decimation processing routine, but
I have a question for the community. I am thinking about making 3
algorithms to simplify the process rather than one algorithm with more
options where some options would not be applicable to points and other not
applicable to lines so would you agree with my reasoning or not? If I break
it into 3, these would be the algorithms.

1. Geodesic distance and time decimation for point layer.
This would calculate the distance between consecutive points and if they
don't meet the minimum distance then a point would be removed.
Additionally, if a time field is selected it would also calculate the
difference in time between two points and if it is less then the minimum
time then the point would be removed. When both distance and time are
selected and either condition is below the minimum, then the point would be
removed. This algorithm would include an order field and group by field.
There would be the option of preserving the last point despite the fact it
might not meet the criteria.

2. Geodesic distance decimation for lines and perhaps polygons.
Time would not be a part of the algorithm because the individual vertices
don't have time associated with them. This would calculate the distance
between consecutive vertices and if they don't meet the minimum geodesic
distance then the vertex would be removed. There would be an option of
preserving the final vertex despite it might not meet the criteria.

3. Geodesic Simply Algorithm for lines and polygons.
This would implement geodesic versions of algorithms such the
Douglas-Peucker algorithm for lines and polygons. Instead of using
Cartesian math it would use geodesic math.

I have #2 implemented and #1 without time. I think it is probably better to
have a separate algorithm for points and another for lines and polygons.
Would you agree?

Thanks,

Calvin