On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 10:15 AM <burghardt.scho...@stadt.wolfsburg.de>
wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I have a postgres layer that is connected to other postgres lookup tables
> via joins. QGIS does not take these joins into account when copying a layer
> (to another project) or when creating style or layer files. This is really
> annoying if you have to rebuild the joins by hand over and over again. Am I
> doing something wrong? In the dialog window "Edit Vector Join" I see no
> further ways. I only activated the option "Cache join layer in virtual
> memory".

Hi,

It's a known issue, the root cause is that the relations/joins are stored
by QGIS using the layer ID (which is unique) so the relations are lost in
case of layer copy or save/load from a style file, the good new is that
I've got a customer that has committed some budget to fix this problem and
I'll start to work on that soon.

The solution would imply storing some more information about the layers
that compose a relation so that we can at try to reconstruct the relation
by searching for "similar" layers in the existing project before giving up
with a broken relation/join.

The same issue applies to the value-relation widget.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it