Good day to all.

I have a Qgis project in which I would like to be able to have the same layer appear twice in the layer list so that I can apply different styling to it in each instance.

At the moment I am not aware of how I might do this apart from adding the same layer to my project twice.

The layers are local Geopackage files (.gpkg) and there is known the issue that Sqlite documentation does recommend against multiple connections to a dataset, especially over a network, as this is somewhat outside the design expectations of Sqlite.

Is there any other way I can have two different styles applied to a layer?

TIA