Hi Jakob,

When adding a new Layer, QGIS checks the column definition in postgis and configures it accordingly.

I suspect either of the following:

- You have a project created on an old table definition and the table was altered later

- There is a misconfiguration in your column definition (-> ST_PointZ is a function, so I suspect you are using a view as layer, which might have been created as 2D and writing to a 3D table or similar).

Matthias