Am 26.02.20 um 00:12 schrieb J. M:

    - I ran sudo apt-key list to check if the ubuntugis-unstable PPA was
    still listed as trusted, and it didn't appear
    - I added the ubuntugis stable PPA as recommended on
    https://trac.osgeo.org/ubuntugis/wiki/UbuntuGISRepository,

That wiki is outdated, the qgis.org/ubuntugis packages are compiled against the ubuntugis *unstable* PPA, see
<https://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#debian-ubuntu>

I guess you are better off without anything from ubuntugis at the moment. So take the qgis.org/ubuntu-ltr bionic packages to avoid the PROJ6 problems others mentioned.

You should run "apt-cache policy libgdal20" to see that you have GDAL 2.2.3 and nothing newer. See
<https://askubuntu.com/questions/92019/how-to-install-specific-ubuntu-packages-with-exact-version>
to learn how to install a specific version of a package.

And add "python3-qgis" to your install command.

with sudo
    add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntugis/ppa, and it appeared to duplicate your
    command sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-key
    51F523511C7028C3. Is that possible when they appear to reference two
    different PPA's?

The key is for the whole ubuntugis project, regardless of the branch you are using. Same goes for QGIS.

    - I ran sudo apt-get install qgis qgis-plugin-grass and received the
    following error message, similar to before:

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
  qgis : Depends: gdal-abi-2-2-3

Seems to be a non-ubuntugis package, but You don't have the GDAL version 2.2.3 installed, but a newer one from ubuntugis. Try to get rid of that to remove all follow-up error messages.

HTH,
Andre Joost