Chris,

Thank you for your ideas. I am trying now, but there are some questions:

> For this, rather than use the Raster > Rasterize tool, the approach should be:
>       • open the processing toolbox Processing > Toolbox
>       • in the toolbox open Interpolation > TIN interpolation

OK until this point

>       • in the TIN Interpolation screen:
>               • select the Vector layer

OK.

>               • select the Interpolation attribute

First problem: I stored the vector layer in a Geopackage; so I have an fid from
the geopackage database, an ID from the original xyz-File in field_1, and the
x, y, z values in field_2, _3 and _4.

Which attribute should I choose?  I think only field_2 and field_3?

There is a checkbox for the Z-coordinate, whether I with to use it for
interpolation. I guess I leave unchecked?

>               • click the + to add to the vector layer panel

So I added the two fields, they are "Points"

>               • choose the interpolation method - probably best to use cubic
>               • click on the ... next to extent and set it to the layer extent

OK

>               • set the pixel size to 5.0 and 5.0

OK

>               • click Run

OK

> This way you won't have the odd sizes you mentioned.  This may give you a
> smoother surface in the end as well.

I started the prozess, but with more than 11 Million points, it seems to take
too long, I am stuck at 50%. Will try later again.

Best,
Maria