I am not sure I fully grasp the problem Falk Huettmann has outlined.

My Trimble Geo7X uses a program Trimble Pathfrinder Office which allows me
to create data forms for on-site recording and then exports the data into
various formats among which is the Shapefile. The data then becomes a vector
layer for use in QGIS.

On my mobile phone I use an app called HandyGPS and it can sit in the
background recording my tracks and waypoints and these can be exported in
GPX format to QGIS. Noting of course that there is an inherent error because
it's a phone not a gps.

I am very interested in QFields as I think it will make data entry for
archaeological survey work quick and easy.

I have never really encountered an issue with GPS data and QGIS - but I am a
very new user so may be naive and inexperienced. Which is why I don't really
understand the problem.

Cheers

Dr Iain Stuart

JCIS Consultants