Even though the issue is probably immaterial,
the gdal version at /usr/share/gdal on
my system is 2.2.

Mike

On 6/17/20 6:00 PM, qgis-user-requ...@lists.osgeo.org wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 at 05:50, Andreas Neumann<a.neum...@carto.net>  wrote:
Hi Mike,

What is the gdal version that QGIS is built against (see Help --> about
menu)? You need at least version 3 or higher. Otherwise it won't work.
Actually the question was about GeoPDF import -- which should work
with GDAL 2.x, so long as the GDAL library was built with support for
a PDF backend.

I think you should report this on this ticket:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Mac-Packager/issues/48

Nyall

Greetings,

Andreas