Hi Francesco,

on Ubuntu 18.04 to use MSSQl layers I've to installa these packages:

tdsodbc

libqt5sql5-tds

I think they have same name on Debian.

Bye

Il 03/07/20 10:08, Francesco D Alesio ha scritto:
QGIS Server on Debian - MSSqlServer layer

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to display an MS Sql Server layer with QGIS Server (3.12) installed on a Debian 10 machine.

The project is giving the "Layer(s) not valid" error, because of the MS Sql Server layer (postgis layers are working properly).

I've installed the odbc driver, and now I can connect to sql server with ogr2ogr, specifyng "Driver={ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server}" in the connection string.

Than I added a [SQL Server] section to /etc/odbcinst.ini , and now ogr2ogr works without the Driver in the connection string.

But QGIS is still giving the "Layer(s) not valid" error.

I've also tried to add the driver name to the source attribute of the layer-tree-layer element of the qgs file, without success.

Three questions:

1. What else can I try?

2. Is there a way to get more detailed error information? apache error logs are empty, and QGIS_SERVER_LOG_FILE contains just the layer id (QGIS_SERVER_LOG_LEVEL=0 and QGIS_DEBUG=9)

3. Do you recommend using windows instead of debian in this environment?

Thank you

Regards

Francesco

Walter Lorenzetti phD
email: lorenze...@gis3w.it
skype: aiki74
twitter:w_lorenzetti <https://twitter.com/w_lorenzetti>
g+:aiki74 <https://plus.google.com/117055903318462447104/>
Tel/Cell: (+39) 347-6597931
Viale Verdi 24 - 51016 Montecatini Terme (PT)
Nuovi corsi QGIS e GFOSS <http://gis3w.it/it/calendario-corsi-software-geografici>