This one is known to be problematic:
seehttps://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum/hardware/graphics-cards/1135054-msi-alpha-15
none of the issues they describe relate to the cpu itself, as far as I can
tell, so how much an AMD vs Intel issue I'm not sure. Generally wifi is most
problematic, along with sleeping, power mgmt & such....
If you are looking at trying Linux on a laptop, check the model for known
problems:
https://linux-laptop.net/https://linuxhint.com/linux_laptop_buyers_guide_2020/
or just google linux & laptop model.

I can endorse the brands recommended in the second site... I pretty much
exclusively run Dell & Lenovo laptops for Linux these days. Currently 4 Dell
(12", 13" & 14" screens i5 & i7) & one Lenovo laptop (14" i7), in addition to a
Xeon workstation & Ryzen general purpose system.

Laptops bought used for NZD300-400, and toss an SSD in to replace a HDD if it
has one.

Cheers,
  Brent

    On Thursday, September 10, 2020, 6:32:33 PM GMT+12, Carlos López PSIG