Hello All:

Using version 3.10.10, I have joined two MS Excel files: Positions.csv and catalogue.xls using a common field called Tag. This is a tree inventory project.

All is well except I cannot edit either table from within QGIS. I need to create some new positions manually and generally update the tables continuously.

In the Join dialogue, I have selected Enable Editing but it has no effect.

I feel that different file types or a different procedure may facilitate this process but am exhausted from trying so many blind alleys.

Is there a trick to being able to edit joined tables?

Thanks very much . . . .

-----
Cheers, Springfield Harrison, British Columbia