I'm not a Mac guru, but it seems you have a (security ?)  problem zipping the project (.qgs) into a zipped version (.qgz) . Try to save the project as an unzipped project file:

In menu "Project"-->"Save As",  choose file type: "QGIS files" instead of "QGZ files".  And save the file in a directory you have write access to