On 1/28/2021 11:10 AM, C Hamilton wrote:
In thinking about it, if the data set is too large to include with QGIS, it might be worth having a simplified geometry data set included and if the user wants more precise data then they can download it and use it instead.
I was wondering this same question when this arrived in my mailbox. It seems to me that one could achieve a very substantial reduction in size (>90%?) while creating only a very small increase in the error rate, as it seems these will only occur in areas where boundaries contain very small scale details. I'll admit that have not attempted an empirical test of this conjecture.