Having some sort of way to include a readily-accessible text description for each layer (such that all such descriptions would be saved with a project) would be a godsend. I'm finding it's almost easier to recreate something from near-scratch than to try to follow/remember what I did to obtain the layers in a project I haven't looked at for even a few days. It would be even more useful if, for instance, a new layer created by an operation had a description that was prefilled with e.g. "Layer generated by union of layer XXX and layer YYY."