Hello All,

I have a master database (point shapefile) of trees to which I need to add new records frequently.  The two files have different (but similar) attribute lists.  I need to combine them and add the new attributes into the appropriate SHP database columns.

Copying and pasting records from the new file into the master list does work but if the fields are not identical, no attributes are brought into the master file.

Is there a way to import the new records into their corresponding fields in the master file?

I've searched for help on this to no avail.  Manifold GIS handles this very well, setting up a field matching dialogue but I would prefer to keep the process within QGIS.

Thanks very much for any ideas . . . .

-----
Cheers, Springfield Harrison