Dan,

I am not sure whether OS/QGIS VER should actually matter, but since you are
running on OSX El Capitan (10.11.6) you might want to at least try to download
2.18.25-1, since it is a stable LTR version. Versions are reasonably close to
each other with less then two years between releases of both instantiations.

Raymond

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone