There is also the "Join attributes by nearest" in the toolbox.

As it is not clear how your data looks alike, its hard to guess the
right approach.

On 27.09.21 15:26, Roland Spielhofer wrote:
Hi,
I have a road network that is surveyed for road distress.
The network is a line vector layer.
I also have a point layer representing the driven trajectories of the survey
vehicle.
I am looking for a method to update a field of the network layer when [some]
points of the trajectory are "near" the line.
As the trajectory is quite precise, the distances between lines and points are
small and there are no obvious outliers.
What I don't have is the algorithm how to classify the lines if the points of
the trajectory are near the line.
Any help appreiciated!
Roland