Oops, this did not go to the list earlier:

Hi Raffaele,

add an new empty integer column to the layer for the count, then enable editing for the layer. In the Processing Toolbox click the "Edit Features In-Place" icon and the execute the "Count points in polygon". This will update the layer instead of making a new one.

Cheers
Hannes