Hi Roland,

There is a separate panel called "Layer Order" ("Layerreihenfolge" in German) which can override the order from the layer tree.

Perhaps you/or someone else - accidentally enabled that panel and ticked the checkbox that it overrides the layer drawing order.

Hope this helps,

Andreas

On 2022-06-29 14:20, Roland Spielhofer via Qgis-user wrote:

Hi,
I have a project with several (~50) layers, some of them organised in groups, some not. Since today, I have an issue with the drawing order - e.g. layers that are below others cover layers that are "higher" in the layer list. A basemap layer from the bottom of the list e.g. covers now all other layers more on top.
But this is the case for other layers as well.
I've put three layers into a new project and there the rendering order is fine.
Comparison example here:

https://imgur.com/a/WOPrLRb

On the left the new project how it should be - on the right the project with the issues. The colorful points are the top most layer, but on the right they are covered by the grayscale raster image. Ticking off the raster layer shows the points again (so I know they are there).

Any thoughts why this could be? It's QGIS 3.24.0 for some time now, no version change. The problem is new by today.
I didn't find any settings to influence the drawing order.

Regards,
Roland