Oh my, QGis without GIS functionalities...

Not with on-board resources, I'm afraid, but some thoughts:

In QGis/PyQGis (script/plugin):

- connect the QgsVectorLayer::editingStarted-signal to disable/remove/hide the vertex-tool-icon and the "Advanced Digitizing Toolbar"

- connect the QgsVectorLayer::geometryChanged-signal emitted on geometry-change to restore the original geometry or make a rollback

In case of a server-client geo-database (f.e. PostGres/PostGis):

- implement a fine grained access control with dedicated users/permissions and revoke the update-privilege from geometry-column for some users

- implement a database-trigger, which prevents altering geometries

Just some ideas, there are certainly many more ...

Ludwig