> I have been trying to find a mostly definitive and mostly up-to-date
> conversation about the status of QGIS, Qt6 and Wayland and I'm not having
> any luck.

What's the underlying need for this information?

> There is some stuff on GitHub but it seems to be at least a year or two
> old, talking about Qt6.0 and I gather we are at Qt6.6 by now.  Plus endless
> short conversations in places like Reddit that throw off more heat than
> light.

Updating to a new Qt version is likely going to be a lot of work, so I
imagine nobody is that keen on starting until there's really no choice.

> Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to keep informed on this
> topic?  Because it seems like Wayland is coming whether we want it or not...

Wayland has been around for many years at this point, and is already the
default on some Linux distributions, which have no problem running
QGIS.  There is so much legacy code that they are always going to have
compatibility modules to keep non-Wayland programs usable.  I wouldn't
worry about any programs suddenly breaking due to Wayland.

Cheers,
Adam.