Hi Peter,

Indeed it is a known thing for several years that MacOS blocks software that
was not installed through the App store. In case of QGIS I have always opened
it anyway since I believe the software can be trusted. The purpose of the
warning is to prevent potentially unsafe software to run without your consent.

Kind regards,

Jeroen

---- On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 14:13:34 +0100 Peter Gloor via QGIS-User
<qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org> wrote ---

I downloaded QIS-LTR Version QGIS 3.34.4-Prizren (), onto a MacBook Pro running
OS 14.4 and got this message:  "QIS-LTR was blocked from use because it is not
from an identified developer"   Is this a know issue?  Is it safe to 'open
anyway' in Settings?