On Thu, 16 May 2024 at 23:51, chris hermansen via QGIS-User
<qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Thomas and list,
>
> On Thu, May 16, 2024, 06:39 Thomas Schüttenberg <tho...@qgis.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> yes I tried that. Any css-unit I could think of as well as em, % and
>> code-words (large). But only pt resulted in a visible change on the canvas.

We're a little constrained by the subset of css which the Qt library
supports. See https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/richtext-html-subset.html#css-properties

Unfortunately Qt CSS only supports font sizes in pt or px, not %. This
could be an enhancement which the QGIS project considers sponsoring in
Qt in future -- I can certainly see the limitation for a use case like
you describe!

Nyall