On 10/24/06, maning sambale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Tim,

Following your build instructions, I was able to build QGIS, however,
I did not install grass from the ubuntu repo as I have grass 6.3.cvs
already installed (also from source).

running the autogen.sh script I have excluded grass just to test for
compile problems. QGIS runs ok.

This time i want to include grass in the compilation.  How do I point
to the grass libraries?

I have included this one in the autogen script

--with-grass=/usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs #pointing to my grass install

But I get this;
qgis 0.8.0
GDAL/OGR      : yes (Version 1.2.6)
GEOS          : yes (Version 2.1.4)
PostgreSQL    : yes (Version 8.1.4)
GRASS         : no
SPIT          : yes
Georeferencer : yes
WFS           : no
GPS/GPX       : yes
PROJ4         : yes
SQLITE3       : yes
Python        :

CPPFLAGS      :
CXXFLAGS      : -g -Wall

Debug         : yes
Plugin dir    : /home/maning/apps/lib/qgis

The binary will be installed in /home/maning/apps/bin

The build is using Qt in /usr
Linking with Qt using -lQtCore -lQt3Support -lQtGui -lQtNetwork
-lQtSvg -lQtCore -lQt3Support -lQtGui -lQtNetwork -lQtXml -lQtSvg
-lQtTest -lQtDesigner
Configure finished, type 'make' to build.
./build.sh: line 55: --with-grass=/usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs: No such
file or directory

--with-grass=/usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs
seems to be OK. Do you realy have GRASS installed there?
You have maybe forgotten to run make install in GRASS?

Then don't forget to add /usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs/lib
to /etc/ld.so.config and run ldconfig as root.

Radim

How do I point to my grass6.3 libraries.  the main grass install is in
/usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs

Cheers,

Maning

PS  This is the second time I build from source, the first one is GRASS (whew!)
Third challenge is mapserver.  If I have success with mapserver, I
think I can finally graduate from being a linux newbie!

On 9/29/06, Tim Sutton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I maintain the Ubuntu Build Notes[1] for QGIS. Since I've just
> reformatted my hard drive, I took the opportunity to finalise the
> documentation for building QGIS 0.8 from source. I've split the old
> monolithic document into separate parts. The aforementioned link takes
> you to an index page which will grow over time as new versions of QGIS
> are created. Anyway I hope these  updated build notes for 0.8 [2] will
> help some of my fellow Ubunti-ites out there...
>

> [1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BuildingQuantumGisFromSource
> [2] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BuildingQuantumGisPoint8FromSource
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
> --
> Tim Sutton
>
> Visit http://qgis.org for a great Open Source GIS
> Home Page: http://linfiniti.com
> Skype: timlinux
> MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Yahoo: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Jabber: timlinux

| __.-._  |"Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great." -Yoda     |
| '-._"7' |"Freedom is still the most radical idea of all" -N.Branden|
|  /'.-c  |Linux registered user #402901, http://counter.li.org/     |
|  |  /T  |http://esambale.wikispaces.com|
| _)_/LI  |http://www.geocities.com/esambale/philbiodivmap/philbirds.html   |