GRASS is definitely running OK.

here's my /etc/d.so.conf (note it is not /etc/ld.so.config and I have
sudo ldconfig already)

/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/local/lib
/usr/share/qt3/lib
/usr/share/qt4/lib
/usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs/lib
/usr/local/GMT4.0/lib/

On 10/25/06, Radim Blazek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 10/24/06, maning sambale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Tim,
>
> Following your build instructions, I was able to build QGIS, however,
> I did not install grass from the ubuntu repo as I have grass 6.3.cvs
> already installed (also from source).
>
> running the autogen.sh script I have excluded grass just to test for
> compile problems. QGIS runs ok.
>
> This time i want to include grass in the compilation.  How do I point
> to the grass libraries?
>
> I have included this one in the autogen script
>
> --with-grass=/usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs #pointing to my grass install
>
> But I get this;
> qgis 0.8.0
> GDAL/OGR      : yes (Version 1.2.6)
> GEOS          : yes (Version 2.1.4)
> PostgreSQL    : yes (Version 8.1.4)
> GRASS         : no
> SPIT          : yes
> Georeferencer : yes
> WFS           : no
> GPS/GPX       : yes
> PROJ4         : yes
> SQLITE3       : yes
> Python        :
>
> CPPFLAGS      :
> CXXFLAGS      : -g -Wall
>
> Debug         : yes
> Plugin dir    : /home/maning/apps/lib/qgis
>
> The binary will be installed in /home/maning/apps/bin
>
> The build is using Qt in /usr
> Linking with Qt using -lQtCore -lQt3Support -lQtGui -lQtNetwork
> -lQtSvg -lQtCore -lQt3Support -lQtGui -lQtNetwork -lQtXml -lQtSvg
> -lQtTest -lQtDesigner
> Configure finished, type 'make' to build.
> ./build.sh: line 55: --with-grass=/usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs: No such
> file or directory

--with-grass=/usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs
seems to be OK. Do you realy have GRASS installed there?
You have maybe forgotten to run make install in GRASS?

Then don't forget to add /usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs/lib
to /etc/ld.so.config and run ldconfig as root.

Radim