I like the changes very much!
Here are some more suggestions from me (in no particular order):
- I would remove some side widgets (e.g. latest news and popular),
IMHO there are too many of them
- I would change the small image for user map with a static one (no
need to run mapserver everytime)
- the two widgets "quantum gis" and "qgis user map" on top of every
page are somehow disturbing. are they really needed? I would dump that
"quantum gis" widget (or put something like that above the menu) and
move user map to widgets on side.
- add link to blog in top menu? there's already a widget with recent
blog posts, but no direct link to the whole blog page.
On 10/29/06, Tim Sutton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We've made some updates to the web site this weekend:
- urls are now short search engine friendly format e.g. :
- menus are now much reduced and hopefully easier to navigate
- removed other clutter like pdf icons, mail story icons etc
As a by product of this some of the existing content such as flash screen
movies, user reviews etc is not available from the menus. Is this a problem
for anyone? Our idea is to move all ethereal user content into
http://blog.qgis.org and keep the qgis.org content limited to official
announcements etc. Does this cause a problem for anyone? Is there any
content that you found useful that is now unavailable? It would be good to
get any feedback you may wish to offer.
Visit http://qgis.org for a great Open Source GIS
Home Page: http://linfiniti.com
MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net
Qgis-developer mailing list
Qgis-user mailing list