Hi

If you are trying to change the user interface icons you simply do this:

copy

c:\program files\<qgis dir name>\share\qgis\themes\default

into the themes directory, giving it a new name e.g. mytheme

Then use your favourite icon editor to replace each icon in mytheme.

Then simply restart qgis and it will pick up the theme directory and
you should be good to go. If you do make a nice theme, feel free to
submit it to us and we will consider including it in the official
release or as a add on download from qgis.org.

Hope that helps

Regards

Tim