I have no idea whether PostGIS support is supposed to be functional in the
native Windows build. If it is not please disregard this message. In case it
is and no one else has noticed, I have not been able to load any PostGIS
(1.1.6 on PostgreSQL 8.1.5 Windows) geometries into the native Windows
builds, including the latest one. The program does connect and read the
database schema; I can enter filter conditions, preview column values,
execute preview queries -- the whole nine yards. But when I try to load the
geometries, I inevitably get an error message "public.xyz(the_geom) sql= is
an invalid layer and cannot be loaded." (same with an explicit WHERE
clause).

GRASS rasters don't load either, as someone else has already pointed out.

There is also a problem with PostgreSQL schema names that contain periods
(not only in the Windows build). Qgis apparently doesn't quote the schema.
If, for example, anyone uses their full name in the form
"firstname.lastname" as a schema name, which is perfectly legal in
PostgreSQL and perhaps not such a weird idea (cf. e-mail accounts), Qgis
won't be able to read the tables in that schema.

Let me close by saying that the visual style of the native Windows interface
is quite compelling and elegant. I like it a lot.

Thanks for all your hard work.
Cheers, Hartmut

Message: 1