Hello,

The company I work for wants to develop certain GIS functionality on top of an
existing GIS product. I would like to do a small comparison between the various
GIS programs so that we can make a motivated decision. The application must
enable us to develop the following:
- create functionality where a user can place symbols, lines or polygons in the
map by drawing in the map. Next, a dialogbox must appear where he can enter
some attribute information. The coordinates and the entered attribute data must
be stored in a spatial database (postgis).- One can have multiple views
(windows) that are linked together; so when you pan in one view, the other
views will pan along automatically. (there are different layers in each view)-
Create short-cut keys for various functions; for example to make layers visible
/ invisible and to zoom in to a certain scale.- It must be fast with raster and
vector data- Make use of global variables that we can use in the entire
application- Create buttons, menu bars, etc that execute our developed scripts
Can we do this with QGis?

Thanks,

Willem