On 1/8/07, Luca Casagrande <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The matter is that you use ECW with GDAL, that is not under GPL, but under "MIT
License".

MIT License gives more freedom than GPL. I don't see any problem except
that GDAL with built in GPL part cannot be distributed as MIT licensed library.
It is possible to relicense MIT SW to GPL but it is not vice versa.
IMO everything is OK if we add a note somewhere that a part of GDAL
binary build
is GPL and it restricts the use of GDAL to GPL. In any case we cannot violate
ECW's GPL because everything we distribute is GPL or MIT, we dont use
any piece code which is not GPL compatible.

Radim

--
Join the world's largest wifi conunity! http://en.fon.com/

LINUX User #411601