Hello,

This could be a more OSX related issue than a QGIS  one...   I've been using
QGIS 0.8.0 Mac OSX and Ubuntu releases since they were released, mainly for
viewing shapefile and TAB files.  Yesterday I tried to load up QGIS on my
Mac Book.  It loads up until it gets to the splash screen - after that the
icon appears in the doc and on the menu bar at the top of the desktop.  I
can use the menu, but cant actually see the QGIS window.  If I use expose
(the OSX feature that shows you all the open windows you have) - I can see
QGIS with whatever data I have loaded, but when I click on it to bring it to
the front, it slides back off to to the left of my screen.  I have tried:

1) Turning off virtual desktops
2) Checking system preferences to see if OSX thinks there is another monitor
attached
3) Reinstalling the QGIS dmg
4) Greping Library for qgis to try and find and remove any config files

None of these steps have helped.  I am guessing that the problem has been
caused by me using QGIS with a second monitor attached to my MacBook.  Is
this feasible?  Has anyone else had these problems?

Thanks,

Nick