Hello Users

I am curious over the text "[Non-Commercial]", which displays in the title
of all windows of QGIS version 0.7.4 under Windows XP. At first glance,
without making a substantial effort to digest the GNU General Public
License, three possibilities spring to mind:

1.  The program is licensed free of charge.
2.  Because the program is licensed free of charge there is NO WARRANTY.
3.  The program may not be used to perform a commercial service, e.g.
consulting.

My understanding of the license and the exception clauses is that points 1
and 2 are correct interpretations, but point three is incorrect. Do you
think new users, especially those new to the free software world, might draw
the incorrect interpretation of the text "[Non-Commercial]", which is so
prominently displayed?

Regards

Craig Leat
Agricultural Engineer