Gary, Tim, et al;

On the surface it seems hard to find a reason not to support a move to
OSGeo.  Gary lists many Pros for joining, but no Cons.  In my attempt to
remain objective, it would help to hear what some of the Cons might be
(for both users and developers)?

The fact that QGis relies heavily on the advanced analytical
capabilities inherent in Grass and that Grass is already a (along with
GDAl,  IMHO the two most critical) member(s) of OSGeo, it does seem a
logical course of action.  That alone is without consideration for many
of the additional benefits Tim describes.

Best regards,

Jack Varga