Hi

The non commercial is indeed as Matt says because we used Qt
non-commercial edition to build QGIS 0.7.4. QGIS 0.8 was built using
Qt 4.x which is truly open source on Windows now and you should no
longer see this message in our most recent version.

We have no plans to make a 'commercial' version of QGIS and the use of
the open source Qt edition actually precludes this. In the future some
of us hope to offer commercial services based around QGIS but these
would be centered around support and building custom (though still
open source) additions to QGIS to meet specific needs. No matter which
avenues we pursue the intent is to have QGIS as a free,
non-commercial, open source GIS - its the main motivator behind most
of those who contribute to the project.

I hope that clarifies things a bit and our apologies for the
misconception created by the title bar message on the earlier version
of QGIS for Windows. The existance of that title bar message was not
removeable by us and we considered it better to have a windows version
with that message than to have no windows edition at all.

Regards

Tim

...oops, forgot to reply-all:

--