Hi list,
I do not have any experience in writing plugins for QGIS, but I am just curious: would it be hard to write a plugin for QGIS, which would allow the user to export a selection of a layer (or the whole layer) into choosable ogr-format? Ogr2ogr should be used for this purpose (using the sql-option). I think, having such a plugin would be great, as QGIS offers the possibility to perform a)queries on attribute table and b) a seletion by simply click&drag with the mouse. At the moment, it is only possible to extract selected features with GRASS-data. Therefore, I first have to import the whole dataset into GRASS and do the select afterwards.

What do you think?
Wolfgang
--

        *Wolfgang Qual

* *Referat für Gesundheit und Umwelt*
Umweltschutz
Umweltvorsorge
RGU-UW 11

Bayerstraße 28a
80335 München

Telefon +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 17
Telefax +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 05

http://www.muenchen.de/umweltatlas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bitte beachten Sie die Hinweise zur elektronischen
Kommunikation mit der Landeshauptstadt München:
http://www.muenchen.de/ekomm