Hello Martin,
I agree that it would be better to have this "OGR-export"-functionality inside the vector file writer class, but can you estimate when this will be part of QGIS? 0.9/1.0...? Maybe it would be handsome to have a plugin for the time in-between...

Regards,
Wolfgang

Martin Dobias schrieb:
On 2/6/07, Oleg Gusev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Am Dienstag, 6. Februar 2007 13:27 schrieben Sie:

> sorry, but I did not find the "export to shapefile" function in qgis.
> Could you give me a hint?

In ./src/core/qgsvectorfilewriter.cpp

QgsVectorFileWriter::QgsVectorFileWriter
  mOutputFormat = "ESRI Shapefile"; //hard coded for now!
QString driverName = "ESRI Shapefile";

The mentioned class in fact is not finished and I'm not sure it works
at all. So far QGIS lacks the functionality of a generic OGR (or
shapefile) output, so it might be better not to create a plugin for
this - improving vector file writer class to be usable would be
better.

Martin

        *Wolfgang Qual

* *Referat für Gesundheit und Umwelt*
Umweltschutz
Umweltvorsorge
RGU-UW 11

Bayerstraße 28a
80335 München

Telefon +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 17
Telefax +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 05

http://www.muenchen.de/umweltatlas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bitte beachten Sie die Hinweise zur elektronischen
Kommunikation mit der Landeshauptstadt München:
http://www.muenchen.de/ekomm