I've compiled 0.8.0 and 0.8.1 on two machines with Fedora Core 6 and
Centos 4.5. Both have qt4 version 4.3.0 installed from yum repositories.
The qt4 binaries are placed in /usr/lib/qt4/bin and the headers are
under /usr/include

Here are the hoops I had to jump thru to get ./configure to recognize qt4:

First I linked the /usr/include dir to /usr/lib/qt4/include

[EMAIL PROTECTED] qt4]$ pwd
/usr/lib/qt4
[EMAIL PROTECTED] qt4]$ ls -p
bin/  include@  LICENSE.GPL  mkspecs/  plugins/

Then I used the configure option --with-qtdir=/usr/lib/qt4 so it would
find both the binaries and the headers.

But that wasn't enough. In the configure script the following lines
(20433-20435) check for the qt version:

QT_VER=`grep 'define.*QT_VERSION_STR\W' $QTVERTEST/qglobal.h | perl -p
case "${QT_VER}" in
  42*)

So the script actually checks for versions 4.2.x. Only after changing
the 42*)  to 43*) was I able to get configure to finish.
Is this the correct way to get configure to complete? Is there a better
way to compile on a system running qt3.3 but with the qt4 libraries
installed separately?

Thanks,
Micha