> Micha Silver wrote:
>> In some early work I noticed on windows, displaying maps from a WMS
>> server (mapserver 4.10.2) that the map image doesn't appear until I "do
>> something". I have to open some other dialog box, then when I close it,
>> the map appears. If I pan or zoom, I see the map layers *while panning*,
>> but as soon I  release the mouse the map layers (as well as north arrow
>> and other decorations) disappear. If I click on the "Render" button to
>> disable rendering, then click again to re-enable, the map appears. But
>> again, any zooming or panning causes it to disappear. I've tried palying
>> with the Rendering options "Update display after reading 1 feature", but
>> that didn't change anything.

Observed here too.  I would add that on some occasions the display acts
as if the image was rubbered to the current bbox.  Trying to pan shows
the image jerks and comes back at its original position.  Same for
zooming.  One can see the little bottom left red box changing size, but
there is no effect on the display.  Ticking on/off layers does nothing
either.  It's as though the display window showed a screen capture output.

Ouput from the console (each groups of 4 consecutive warnings associated
with an action I tried ?) :

Warning: Object::connect: No such signal QgsRasterLayer::selectionChanged()
Warning: Object::connect: No such signal QgsRasterLayer::wasModified(bool)
Warning: Object::connect: No such signal QgsRasterLayer::selectionChanged()
Warning: Object::disconnect: No such signal
QgsRasterLayer::selectionChanged()
Warning: Object::connect: No such signal QgsRasterLayer::selectionChanged()
SpatialRefSys/ProjectSRSProj4String: +proj=longlat +ellps=WGS84
+datum=WGS84 +no
_defs
SpatialRefSys/ProjectSRSProj4String: +proj=longlat +ellps=WGS84
+datum=WGS84 +no
_defs
Warning: QPaintEngine::setSystemClip: Should not be changed while engine
is acti
ve
Warning: QPaintEngine::setSystemClip: Should not be changed while engine
is acti
ve
Warning: QPaintEngine::setSystemRect: Should not be changed while engine
is acti
ve
Warning: QPaintEngine::setSystemClip: Should not be changed while engine
is acti
ve
Warning:
http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMa
p&BBOX=-72.090774,45.298988,-71.820593,45.506598&SRS=EPSG:4326&WIDTH=938&HEIGHT=
720&LAYERS=global_mosaic&STYLES=&FORMAT=image/png&TRANSPARENT=TRUE
Warning: QPainter::restore: Painter not active
Warning: QPainter::save: Painter not active
Warning: QPainter::setWorldTransform: Painter not active
Warning: QPainter::restore: Painter not active
Warning: QPainter::save: Painter not active
Warning: QPainter::setWorldTransform: Painter not active
Warning: QPainter::restore: Painter not active
Warning: QPainter::save: Painter not active
Warning: QPainter::restore: Painter not active
Warning: QPainter::end: Painter not active, aborted
Warning: QPaintEngine::setSystemClip: Should not be changed while engine
is active
Warning: QPaintEngine::setSystemClip: Should not be changed while engine
is active
Warning: QPaintEngine::setSystemRect: Should not be changed while engine
is active
Warning: QPaintEngine::setSystemClip: Should not be changed while engine
is active
Warning:
http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMa
p&BBOX=-72.093081,45.301584,-71.822900,45.509193&SRS=EPSG:4326&WIDTH=938&HEIGHT=
[...]
p&BBOX=-72.002000,45.380591,-71.934454,45.432493&SRS=EPSG:4326&WIDTH=937&HEIGHT=
721&LAYERS=global_mosaic&STYLES=&FORMAT=image/png&TRANSPARENT=TRUE
[...]
p&BBOX=-72.002072,45.380951,-71.934526,45.432853&SRS=EPSG:4326&WIDTH=937&HEIGHT=
[...]
p&BBOX=-72.035844,45.355000,-71.900754,45.458805&SRS=EPSG:4326&WIDTH=938&HEIGHT=
[...]
p&BBOX=-72.001351,45.380807,-71.933805,45.432709&SRS=EPSG:4326&WIDTH=937&HEIGHT=
[...]
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswms_gmap?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1
&REQUEST=GetMap&BBOX=-72.001351,45.380807,-71.933805,45.432709&SRS=EPSG:4326&WID
TH=937&HEIGHT=721&LAYERS=road&STYLES=&FORMAT=image/png&TRANSPARENT=TRUE
[...]
p&BBOX=-72.001135,45.380591,-71.933589,45.432493&SRS=EPSG:4326&WIDTH=937&HEIGHT=
721&LAYERS=global_mosaic&STYLES=&FORMAT=image/png&TRANSPARENT=TRUE
Warning:
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswms_gmap?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1
&REQUEST=GetMap&BBOX=-72.001135,45.380591,-71.933589,45.432493&SRS=EPSG:4326&WID
[...]
p&BBOX=-72.002504,45.380663,-71.934959,45.432565&SRS=EPSG:4326&WIDTH=937&HEIGHT=
[...]

Yves Moisan