Hi

You have two options:

1) Import your data into GRASS using the GRASS toolbox and assign a
palette using GRASS tools

2) Wait for the qgis raster branch to be merged in (probably in
0.9.2). If you would like an early preview of raster branch you can
try one of our test builds at:

http://qgis.org/uploadfiles/testbuilds/

But note that the windows msvc test build there does not yet have
GRASS, python or postgres support bundled.

Regards

Tim

2007/11/15, nishith datta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> hi all,
> I have loaded a dem raster (.tif) and it displays as a grayscale image by
> default.
> I want to change the symbology i.e I wish to change it to a different color
> ramp of my choice. What I see is only  a pseudo color and Freak out
> options..... I donot like them !
> Can I change it to some other color ramp of my choice (ArcGIS style) and how
> to do that ?
> thanks
> nishith

Tim Sutton