On Tuesday 27 November 2007 11:07 pm, peter wrote:
> So, is there any way to fix this or am I just going to have to get used to
> seeing (and printing) distorted maps from qgis? I've tried various steps to
> re-project the maps but the display does not change. Any ideas? Thanks in
> advance.

OK...answering my own question: I have made some progress (accidentally). I've
always selected the NAD83(CSRS) under "Geographic Coordinate Systems" for the
map projection. Today I accidentally selected NAD83(CSRS)/UTM ZONE 12N
under "Projected Coordinate Systems" and suddenly the display looks right.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get the roads to line up correctly
with the aerial photo I geo-referenced with the Georeferencer plugin, and
I'll be finally on my way to completing this project.

--
Peter Pankonin, digitalcrucible

There are 10 kinds of people in the world,