Hi List,

we often need 'simple' maps, where we get data from wms-servers, or
provided by customers. Often we just have to make an image of the map,
adding some simple annotations:
- a (filled?) polygon or point
- some text or labels added

I'm missing that sort of functionality (plugin?). It would be nice if I
could draw some features on the map, and add some labels or text.

QUESTIONS:
- has somebody been busy with this kind of stuff?
- if not: should this be doable using the python plugin interface?
- if so: I could't find python code examples in which there was actually
some interaction between the mapcanvas and the plugin (aka: you draw a
polygon on the map, and show some of it's properties in a plugin window
or so). Can somebody give me a hand with that?

TIA

Richard Duivenvoorde