??? 28/12/2002 10:04:45 ??, ?/? Peter Graf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ??????:

Hi All and Hi Peter and thanks for the (very valuable) info.
I have to add the following on the Qx0 ethernet discussion.

I have recently acquired for test purposes and Intel EtherExpress PRO/100 (Yes that's
a 100
Mbit ISA card) (PN: 7120877-00 REVA). This is a jumperless adapter that claims to be
NE2000
compatible (and for Novell Netware purposes it is. -I tested it on my ISA equipped
Celeron
with Novell Netware 4.11 and 5.02 and works without additional software provided it's
set to
0x300 IRQ 3 (As a standard NE2000 that is).

However I've had mixed results on the Qx0. First off, I had to pre-program the card on
a PC to
work with IRQ 5 as my initial tests with Qx0 Linux failed miserably.
In the current state of affairs (see my previous message titled: "Q40 Linux: 2,
Phoebus:1")
while Linux stopped complaining about Ethernet not working I cannot really test it as
my Linux
is not installed correctly.

I am optimistic however that this is temporarily the case (I just didn't have enough
time to
keep on "wrestling" with my Qx0 as my other work has precedence at the moment) and
that
the adapter DOES indeed work with the Qx0 and that will be an additional "weapon" in
the
"arsenal" of the available peripherals working under Qx0 Linux (and hopefully
SMSQ/QDOS
soon).

These adapters can STILL be found as Intel just recently discontinued them (Last
Shipment
from Intel was on November 28th) and they are of exceptional quality, plus they are
low
profile which means that they can fit fine in low profile cases like the V30 book PC
from Antec
that I am using currently (until my QUBE is ready).

I will keep you updated on the situation (and you Peter too, following our recent
message
exchange for you know what :-)

Happy New Year to you all,

Phoebus